Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Leaving on a jet plane

So i found out that my lil sis (ok shes only one year younger but the 'lil' makes her sound all cute and cuddly) is off to the Big Apple in October.  Dear readers, i think i just turned a pale shade of green. Not only because she will be in New York for Halloween - New Yorkers know how to do a good costume, fact - but also because, well...its New York! So good they named it twice and all that jazz.  I've been twice already during which I got fat (but happy) on Magnolia's Cupcakes, perved shamelessly at Abercrombie models, wandered wide-eyed around Greenwich Village in a 'oh-its-so-bohemian-i-could-totally-live-here-and-eat-outside-expensive-cafes-with-my-trilby-and-fellow-bohemians" kinda way. And oh, you haven't lived until you've been to Max Brenner's Chocolate Restaurant in Union Square.  Myself and mother Bleakley stumbled across this one by accident (Lonely Planet, you can keep your guidebooks) and even though we had just eaten an hour beforehand, we decided that being the Bleakleys we were, we had a special compartment in our respective stomachs reserved just for chocolate. Christ alive it was glorious, even though it took a good two months worth of spin classes and laps in the pool to compensate for the calories.  So yes, as soon as the sis has a couch sorted i'll be there with bells on, clutching my Max Brenner reservation.  

Other news, Joey managed to let slip that he's taking me to Paris! tray tray exciting non?!  I'm beside myself at the thought of getting to meet Mickey Mouse (my favourite mouse of all the mice i'll have you know) and most of all,  having a good belly laugh at Joey's 'rollercoaster face' in the photos...which i imagine to be something like this 

Off to Belfast this weekend to see my girls and to drain my bank account of all dignity in Victoria Square - should be a good 'un after this week in which my to-do list seemed to re-populate as soon as i managed to tick anything off.  FFS.  I also get to coo at the girls swanky new flat and gorge myself in fifteens.  I still don't get the lack of love in Dublin for a good fifteen, so i will shamelessly plug them right here, to all 3 of my readers *cough*.  Go treat yourself to this lovely marshmallow-y, biscuit-y goodness dear readers, in a mere 10 mins eternal happiness is yours!


No comments: